• Lela Countryman

I Still Haven’t Done My Taxes, What Do I Need?

If you haven’t completed your taxes for 2019, you are not alone. This week we walk through the documents you may need to compile to complete your taxes. As we discussed last week, taxes are due July 15, 2020 but you do not want to wait so your tax preparer will have time to complete them. These documents are a guideline and your tax preparer may require more information or documentation.

At the beginning of the year you should have started to receive most of your documents. You may have received these documents by mail and some online. Many companies are now sending documents through your online accounts.

· Social Security numbers of everyone listed on the tax return along with birthdates

· Bank account and routing numbers

· Forms W-2 from all employers

· Forms 1099 from banks and other payers

· Any documents that show income, such as receipts, sales, exchanges or deposits of virtual currency

· Forms 1095-A, B, or C for proof of health insurance coverage

· Closing documents from sale or purchase of a house

· Home improvement invoices, receipts and proof of payment

· Annual mortgage statement

· Childcare receipts

· Contributions to college savings plans

· Student Loan Interest Paid

· Property tax expenditures include for your auto.

· Charitable donation amounts

This will not include all items you may need to complete your taxes but will give you a head start. There are many life circumstances that will affect what will be required. We hope this will give you some guidance in preparing for tax time.

Next week, we will be discussing what to look for in a tax preparer and tips to finding a great one (they are NOT all the same).

The Countryman Group is accepting new tax clients. If you are interested in a free consultation to determine if we are a good fit for your needs, please complete this form here.

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All